View before and after pictures here
Primarily requested for aesthetic reasons, surgery of the nose may also correct impaired breathing caused by structural abnormalities in the nose.
Rhinoplasty is performed two ways: open and closed. The nose is corrected for form, function or both, and then sutured and immobilized for proper healing. During nonsurgical rhinoplasty, a surgeon injects the nose in strategic areas to change its shape without the need for surgery.
Rhinoplasty surgery can change:
- Nose size, in relation to the other facial structures
- Nose width, at the bridge
- Nose profile, with visible humps or depressions on the bridge
- Nasal tip, that is large, bulbous, drooping or too upturned
- Nostrils that are large, wide or upturned
- Nasal asymmetry and deviation
If you are dissatisfied with the size or shape of your nose, talk to one of Wilmington Plastic Surgery's experts about your options.