Cosmetic dermatology differs from medical dermatology in that it is usually performed for aesthetic purposes instead of being performed out of medical necessity. Even so, some cosmetic dermatology procedures can have the added side effect of improving certain medical dermatology issues.
Between our Wilmington, Whiteville, and Jacksonville, NC offices, we offer a wide variety of cosmetic dermatology services, from minimally-invasive injectables to more invasive procedures used to adjust or remove troublesome areas on the skin.
Cosmetic Dermatology Procedures
The board-certified surgeons, along with the nurse injectors, skin health specialists, and spa staff here at Wilmington Plastic Surgery, provide our clients with the best in cosmetic dermatology procedures.
- Injectables From BOTOX® to JUVÉDERM®, KYBELLA™ to RADIESSE™, Wilmington Plastic Surgery has plenty of injectables to choose from. Whether you want to smooth wrinkles or define your favorite features, we have dermal fillers to meet nearly any need.
- Facelifts Designed to improve the appearance of the skin on the face and neck, a surgical facelift, or rhytidectomy, can help reduce signs of aging and remove sagging skin.
- Ultherapy A truly marvelous innovation, Ultherapy is a non-surgical way of lifting and tightening the skin around the brows, chin, and neck using only ultrasound.
- Facials Aside from traditional facials, Wilmington Plastic Surgery also offers many other services for your face, including chemical peels, waxing, dermaplanning, and more.
- Brow Lift The brow line is one of the most prominent in terms of showing signs of aging. Lifting the skin in and around this area can give you a bright, youthful appearance that’ll make you feel years younger.
- Eyelid Surgery Over time, the skin around your eyes can get baggy, puffy, dark, and wrinkly, making you look older and more tired. Eyelid surgery can improve the cosmetic appearance of your eyelids and correct the changes that come with age.
- Nose Surgery Rhinoplasty is an extremely common procedure for both men and women. It can be used to correct the appearance of the nose after an accident or energy and is also a perfect solution for those who have been unhappy with the way the nose they were born with looks.
- Ear Surgery Everyone’s ears are unique. Some are a little uneven, some stick out, some even differ in size from left to right. Regardless of your ear’s quirks, ear surgery can help you achieve a more symmetrical, balanced look.
- Laser Skin Procedures Laser skin resurfacing is completely safe and non-invasive way to fix a number of skin issues, including scarring, and unsightly veins.
- Laser Hair Removal If you’re tired of shaving or waxing, there’s excellent news: laser hair removal is a safe and effective way to not only control or stop hair growth but also cut down on inflammation and hair follicle infections.
- SkinPen SkinPen is an innovative new way to resurface the skin while reducing the appearance of wrinkles and discolorations. It’s perfect for any skin type and can be used on virtually any part of the body.
- Scar Removal Whether it’s a scar left behind from childhood or a surgical scar, Wilmington Plastic Surgery has a variety of scar removal options that can help significantly reduce and, in some cases, eliminate scarring and stretch marks.
- Liposuction Liposuction is designed to help eliminate small pockets of stubborn fat, but it can also help improve the tightness and overall appearance of the skin in those areas as well.
- Home Skincare Products If home skincare is more your style, Wilmington Plastic Surgery offers a wide variety of products from brands like Skin Medica®, Obagi, Skinceuticals and Elta MD; designed to help you keep your skin healthy every day.
What Causes Skin Problems?
Since your skin is your body’s first line of defense against the world around you, it goes without saying that skin damage can be caused by any number of external or environmental components. Many people also suffer from heredity skin issues caused either by their genetics or by an underlying disease.
Some additional factors that can cause skin damage include:
- Poor hygiene
- Unhealthy diet
- Considerable weight gain/loss
- Prolonged sun exposure
- Alcohol/recreational drug use
What Does Cosmetic Dermatology Do?
Even though the name implies that cosmetic dermatology is strict to improve one’s aesthetics, it has also been known to improve certain dermatological conditions. What cosmetic dermatology can help with depends on your needs and the procedure you choose but, in some cases, cosmetic dermatology may be able to help improve:
- Poor skin tone/texture
- Saggy/loose skin
- Signs of aging
- Discolorations/birthmarks (moles, age spots, etc.)
Benefits of Cosmetic Dermatology
Aside from improving the appearance of your skin, cosmetic dermatology has a lot of additional benefits over more invasive surgical options, including:
- Less downtime
- Reduced cost
- Less risk
- Shorter appointments
- Faster results
If you’re interested in learning more about what cosmetic dermatology can do to improve your skin, please don’t hesitate to contact us . We’re happy to answer questions and help you schedule a consultation or procedure online or over the phone at 910-509-SKIN.