Wilmington Plastic Surgery, located in Wilmington North Carolina, Jacksonville North Carolina, and Whiteville North Carolina, is the region's only practice with the Sciton Joule, the world's most advanced laser. It's actually many lasers in one, and its unparalleled versatility allows Wilmington Plastic Surgery's experts to effectively treat a very wide range of aesthetic concerns.
Wilmington Plastic Surgery’s Skin Care MedSpa is a true medical clinic, and our three board-certified surgeons, highly trained PA, laser technicians and licensed aestheticians ensure safety and quality results.
SKIN ISSUES CORRECTABLE WITH WILMINGTON PLASTIC SURGERY'S LASER TECHNOLOGY
Some dermatology issues are purely aesthetic and do not cause medical concern. They may, however, cause people to be self-conscious, uncomfortable or dissatisfied with their appearance. Because Wilmington Plastic Surgery has the world's most advanced laser technology, we can very precisely and effectively treat these problems.
- Surgical scars or trauma
- Acne control and acne scars
- Permanent hair reduction/ removal
- Red birthmarks, such as hemangiomas and port wine stains
- Poikiloderma of Civatte (uneven coloring of neck)
- Pigmented lesions (black, brown, red and blue spots on the skin)
- Veins—leg and spider veins, as well as facial
- Venous lakes
- Skin rejuvenation, including texture improvement
- Skin firming, from mild to deep wrinkle correction
The Scition Joule gives Wilmington Plastic Surgery's experts unparalleled precision and adaptability. Through precise selection among the Joule's many settings, our staff can fine-tune every treatment for each individual's needs, with little to no discomfort. No other technology is as versatile, safe, and effective.
The Versatility of Sciton's Joule Laser Means Customized Treatment
Wilmington Plastic Surgery uses the unrivaled power and versatility of the Joule laser's many modules to customize treatment for every individual patient. The Joule is the one laser for skin resurfacing, regardless of the level needed for effective treatment.
- Because it features the industry's first tunable skin resurfacing laser, the Joule is very effective for superficial or deep peels—without the use of chemical agents.
- ProFractional is exceptional technology for superficial or deep therapy. We also offer optional coagulation for increased firming/ tightening capabilities.
- BroadBand Light (BBL) is unparalleled light therapy used for many aesthetic and vascular conditions, as well as permanent hair removal. Treatments include Forever Young BBL and Forever Bare BBL.
THE JOULE'S MANY USES FOR SKIN CORRECTIONS AND REJUVENATION
After analyzing your particular aesthetic concern or medical condition, as well as your skin type, your Wilmington Plastic Surgery laser expert has an entire spectrum of resurfacing options from which to select a precise depth for ablation and coagulation. The treatment prescribed is based on:
- The type and severity of the issue being addressed
- Your skin type
- The amount of downtime you desire
BENEFITS OF THE JOULE FOR RESURFACING APPLICATIONS:
- Safe and effective for every skin type
- May be used on the face, neck and body
- Delivers quick treatment, reducing procedure time for the patient
- Flat-beam technology ensures superior uniformity and consistency
- Little to no discomfort - varies with type and depth of treatment
Three Levels of Skin Resurfacing—From Mild to Deep—Customized to Your Needs
MILD TREATMENT: MICROLASER PEELS
This youth-restoring treatment involves minimal downtime through a light resurfacing of the skin. The skin's tone, texture and color are evened out, leaving a healthy, overall youthful glow. Microlaser peel options available at Wilmington Plastic Surgery include:
- Level I Laser Peel — This minimally invasive laser peel buffs the skin, leaving it refreshed; little to no social downtime.
- Level II Laser Peel — A deeper peel with very minimal social downtime; patients experience a little redness for two or three days.
- Level III Laser Peel — This level of peel goes deeper to treat fine lines and wrinkles; expect four to five days of social downtime.
MODERATE TREATMENT: PROFRACTIONAL THERAPY
Stimulates new collagen growth by creating micro-ablated channels into the skin. Minimal downtime; rapid healing.
BBL—BroadBand Light Therapies
Innovative technology that delivers precise light therapy to a specific target.
FOREVER YOUNG BBL: MAINTAINS—OR RESTORES— YOUR YOUTHFUL SKIN
Forever Young BBL effectively targets the signs of aging and sun damage. In younger patients, Forever Young BBL can maintain the skin's supple properties, protecting it from the signs of aging. Patients whose skin has already begun to show the effects of aging or sun damage can restore a refreshed, rejuvenated and youthful appearance to the skin.
Forever Young BBL has been cleared for the following conditions (but is not limited to):
- benign pigmented lesions (age spots, freckles, redness)
- cutaneous lesions (skin of a different texture, thickness or color)
- cutaneous vascular lesions (small vessels)
- hair reduction/removal
- acne control, from moderate to (pustular inflammatory acne vularis)
STAY ‘FOREVER YOUNG' WITH A LIFESTYLE MAINTENANCE PROGRAM:
Patients who wish to maintain a more youthful appearance find that with regular Forever Young BBL treatments, their skin can continue to look clear, smooth, and much younger. Many patients feel the treatments not only stop the clock; they turn it back. Patients in a national study who received Forever Young BBL over a nine-year period appeared not to have aged during that time, and look ten years younger than their actual age.
AMONG THE BENEFITS OF FOREVER YOUNG BBL:
- No downtime—resumption of normal activities immediately
- Immediate, long-lasting results
- Average treatment time 12-15 minutes for full face
- Effective on all areas of the body—face, neck, chest, arms and hands
- Little to no discomfort
FOREVER BARE BBL—THE MOST COMFORTABLE AND SAFEST HAIR REMOVAL OPTION
Unlike most hair removal devices that apply all of their energy to an area all at once, Forever Bare BBL allows for extremely even heating of hair follicles. It minimizes missed areas that occur with traditional hair removal devices, and is safe, fast, effective and more comfortable.
WHAT MAKES SCITON'S RESURFACING TECHNOLOGY BETTER:
Sciton's tunable resurfacing technology is unique because it separates ablation and coagulation, allowing for precise application of each. (Ablation refers to resurfacing, or the removal of the outer layer; coagulation is the heat process that tightens or firms skin.)
Wilmington Plastic Surgery physicians can select the exact amount of both ablation and coagulation needed for every individual patient's medical condition or aesthetic issue, as well as the patient's desired outcome and tolerance for downtime. The technology allows our physicians to plane down mild to deep wrinkles externally, while stimulating the dermal collagen internally. The skin also becomes more resilient as a result, and continually improves over weeks and months.
Because the Joule offers better ablation through more efficient water absorption, patients experience far fewer side effects. Higher water absorption also means higher efficiency and precise control. The energy is extremely targeted, and does not radiate into the surrounding tissue.
SCAR REDUCTION/ ELIMINATION
While avoiding a noticeable scar is not the primary concern of any surgery, it should be an important consideration in the final treatment plan. For practically any type of surgery, Wilmington Plastic Surgery's laser technicians have the capability to reduce post-surgical scars. For patients who have undergone uncomfortable or even traumatic injuries, illnesses and surgeries, removing unsightly scars and/or markings for radiation treatments can provide an overall sense of wellness and the ability to move beyond their illness.
AESTHETIC CONSIDERATIONS FOLLOWING CHILDBIRTH
- Surgical scar following Caesarian section delivery
- Loose skin
- Blotchy skin or dark patches on face
The blessed event of childbirth can cause some unwelcome aesthetic changes to a woman's body. With our various lasers, we can effectively treat these concerns, helping restore your pre-pregnancy complexion and figure. The excellent results gained from these non-invasive treatments can make a significant difference in your emotional recovery, as well.
THE WORLD'S MOST ADVANCED LASER—AVAILABLE TO YOU, AT WILMINGTON PLASTIC SURGERY
Click here to book a free 30-minute consultation with one of Wilmington Plastic Surgery's experts on the applications of the Joule for your personal aesthetic concerns.