Summer is HARD on the skin ~ But, we’re going to introduce you to some of our favorite products to keep your skin healthy and protected from the harsh summer sun.
We carry ALL of the items featured, give us a call or stop into Wilmington Plastic Surgery to purchase or learn.
1. If you’re not sure where to start, this is it! The number one item you NEED in your skincare routine is Sunscreen. Our top pick for the summer is the SkinCeuticals Sheer Physical UV Defense SPF 50. Why we love it? It’s weightless and sheer for ultimate protection that won’t leave any residue!
2. Take a couple steps out of your morning skincare routine with a tinted moisture that already has sunscreen! Try the Revision Skincare Intellishade Matte. We love how light this goes on! Apply under your makeup for the ultimate combination of daily moisture and SPF 45.
3. While everyone knows the importance of sunscreen, we’re here to remind you to add antioxidant serums to your routine to fight free radicals which cause lines, wrinkles and hyperpigmentation. SkinMedica Vitamin A + E Complex is a GREAT product to add to your daily skincare regime!
4. Hyperpigmentation comes from long term exposure to the sun. If you’ve been looking for something to lessen the appearance of sun spots or hyperpigmentation, the Obagi Nu-Derm Healthy Skin Protection might be just what you need!
This product works great in conjunction with a chemical peel to keep your results lasting longer between appointments. It also has SPF 35 for an extra layer of sun protection.
5. The summer heat can make it hard to apply makeup that actually lasts through the day. One way we’re combatting this is the Dermablend Setting Powder. This powder goes on light and prolongs the life your makeup while concealing imperfections, which makes it a MUST-HAVE item for your morning makeup routine.